The third annual Denver Startup Week starts up today with 140 activities, thousands of participants and the return of Basecamp, launched by Chase, on the 16th Street Mall. All events are focused on growing the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Colorado.
Denver Startup Week has attracted notable speakers and startup experts such as Zayo Group CEO Dan Caruso; Bryan Leach, CEO of Ibotta; Wayin CEO Elaine Wood; Mike Davis, VP Product at The Trade Desk; Erik Swain, COO at SpotXchange; Jess Mckean, VP Product at Datalogix; Dean DeBiase, Startup Partner, KIN & 1871; Erik Mitisek, CEO at Colorado Technology Association and Denver’s Startup Mayor Michael B. Hancock.
A sample of this year’s events include:
- Startup Job Fair aims to connect talented job seekers with the best Denver-based startups and growth-mode companies.
- Best of Colorado Speaker Series –Colorado is home to many inspiring entrepreneurs and growing startups looking to become the next big company. The speaker will be Leo Yuffa of Dazbog, which is a company that realized the American dream.
- Women Who Startup, an event to celebrate, connect and empower women featuring Kathleen Warner, Startup America founding team, Jane Miller, Rudi’s Bakery former CEO and more.
- Startup Resource Fair is offering a chance for you to connect accounting, legal, technology support and more.
- Startup Week Olympics – Innovative Manufacturing Partnerships, held at Infinite Monkey Theorem, learn how startups are partnering with Fortune 500 companies to bring innovations to the market.
- Working with Distributed Teams – Speakers will share their tales of bridging space and time with Jim Ball from Alpine Access leading the event.
- The Next Advertising Frontier: Get a crash course look into what the Digital Advertising Technology realm entails. Paneled Mike Davis, Erik Swain, Jess McKean, Cordell BaanHofman and Andrew Fischer.
- Entrepreneurs Rising – Hosted by CSU and Chad Yakobson of Crooked Stave – enjoy an educational and fun happy hour in the Source.
Basecamp, launched by Chase, returns as the hub of Denver Startup Week. Basecamp V2.0 has an expanded space for attendees to drop in, charge up and connect, and keynote speakers, panels and mentoring sessions throughout the week. See the complete roster on Basecamp’s microsite www.denverstartupweek.com/basecamp.
Highlights of the free programming include:
- Keynote speakers and panels – Engage with some of the brightest minds in the startup world, with renowned speakers and panelists slated daily. Highlights include Brad Feld of Techstars/Foundry Group and Ryan Choi of Twitter.
- Leadership Series: Hear the stories behind the people who are changing what it means to be innovative in Denver. From noon – 2 p.m. Monday through Friday of Denver Startup Week, attendees will get an intimate look at high-profile leaders in the entrepreneurial community. Reserve a spot here.
- Mentoring Sessions: Leaders and experts from diverse backgrounds will conduct free 20-minute sessions, providing counsel in an informal lounge setting. Reserve a spot here.